Nate Flying Owl
Letter To God
Lord Almighty, lustrous above
I can barely see the arbors
For lack of moonlight on this hike.
Each Step I take is a struggle
Not to trip over a tree root.
Such is the story of my life
And I am thus compelled to pray.
Shine your radiance fervently
Upon my path, upon each step,
Even when these steps take me far
From where you intend me to be.
Lord, these recent days have been grim,
My sight is weaker than normal,
And my desires and impulses
Have seized my life with vigor.
How can you bear to speak to me
Or even bother to regard
My pathetic continuance?
Nate Flying Owl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Letter To God by Nate Flying Owl )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lost In A Photograph, Kewayne Wadley
- Riff on Hope at the Dentiist, David McLansky
- tHiNgz B cLeAr er inside OpEn - LoST fRi.., sEaN nOrTh
- TO BE UNDERSTOOD SUBLIMITY, ROCHISH MON
- *In Sympathy Melt - for Jen Walls, C. P. Sharma
- Animal Kingdom, Denis Martindale
- *True is my Master*, C. P. Sharma
- sCenE LeFt RiGht tHeIr, sEaN nOrTh
- A Tingly Feeling, Alvin Jenner
- *A Jester, C. P. Sharma