Nate Flying Owl
Letter To God
Lord Almighty, lustrous above
I can barely see the arbors
For lack of moonlight on this hike.
Each Step I take is a struggle
Not to trip over a tree root.
Such is the story of my life
And I am thus compelled to pray.
Shine your radiance fervently
Upon my path, upon each step,
Even when these steps take me far
From where you intend me to be.
Lord, these recent days have been grim,
My sight is weaker than normal,
And my desires and impulses
Have seized my life with vigor.
How can you bear to speak to me
Or even bother to regard
My pathetic continuance?
Nate Flying Owl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Letter To God by Nate Flying Owl )
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Elikal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Harvest Moon II, Naveed Khalid
- The Red Moon, Naveed Khalid
- Tinnitus - New York Style, Geoffrey Fafard
- Love's Metaphor, Naveed Khalid
- Aurora, Naveed Khalid
- Mythology, Naveed Khalid
- Gifts Of Heredity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak