Letting Off Steam
We all have our own ways of letting off steam
Some grow very angry and at those nearby scream
Whilst others will punch you or kick at a wall
The potential for anger that can lead to violence it is in us all.
Some people their anger manage to suppress
Though illness can grow out of bottled up stress
In people who suppress their feelings cancer is known to grow
And due to such an illness death is painful and slow.
Some people their anger cannot seem to control
And since anger can block out the light from the soul
For assault and battery which is a serious crime
In jail they are destined for to spend some time.
By the actions we take and the things that we say
We all let off steam in a different way
And though with anger it never is easy to win
Perhaps 'tis better for you to air it than keeping it in.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Letting Off Steam by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...