Lets Hear It For Women The Women Oppressed
Lets hear it for women the women oppressed
In patriarchal societies their human rights are transgressed
By male religious zealots who hate woman kind
For to trample on women's rights any excuse they will find.
Lets hear it for the women who never receive a fair go
Of equality in their lives they never may know
They are seen as inferior where males reign supreme
And this can do little for their self esteem.
Lets hear it for the women who must play second fiddle to men
Where to be born a female means one cannot win
Promotion in work or promotion in life
To an arrogant and an unfaithful man expected to be a good wife.
Lets hear it for women the women men do rule
And many males in positions of power can be cruel
The mothers of the children in life the hardest role
Equality they need and not male control.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lets Hear It For Women The Women Oppressed by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak