I will be weak,
I will be strong.
I'll make right choices,
I'll make plenty wrong.
I'll feel left out,
I'll have some fun.
I'll laugh in the rain,
I'll cry in the sun.
I'll live through miseries,
Short and long.
I'll sing my sorrows,
I'll sing love songs.
I'll be chained to the ground,
At times I'll fly free.
I'll be who I'm not,
I'll fight to be me.
I'll see good friends come,
And enemies gone.
I'll see blankets of dark,
Where the sun once shone.
I'll hide the truth,
I'll banish the lies.
Sad tears I'll shed,
And joy tears I'll cry.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life by Irene D.. )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Marcus Aurelius Rose, Lisa Jarnot
- Victoria Spivey's, David McLansky
- The Land, Marites C. Cayetano
- Touch and claim, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra