I will be weak,
I will be strong.
I'll make right choices,
I'll make plenty wrong.
I'll feel left out,
I'll have some fun.
I'll laugh in the rain,
I'll cry in the sun.
I'll live through miseries,
Short and long.
I'll sing my sorrows,
I'll sing love songs.
I'll be chained to the ground,
At times I'll fly free.
I'll be who I'm not,
I'll fight to be me.
I'll see good friends come,
And enemies gone.
I'll see blankets of dark,
Where the sun once shone.
I'll hide the truth,
I'll banish the lies.
Sad tears I'll shed,
And joy tears I'll cry.
Irene D..'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life by Irene D.. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Year's New Wish, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Successful Dad, Edgar Albert Guest
- All But Dreams, Abekah Emmanuel
- Think Happy Thoughts, Edgar Albert Guest
- An Ode To Nellie, Edgar Albert Guest
- Keep To The Right, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Game of Chess, Akhtar Jawad
- When There's Health In The House, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Suggestion, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mothers' Splendid Dreams, Edgar Albert Guest