This mortal body has lent
us temporal pleasure,
instant joy and burden
of strife, sorrow and instability.
Burning with the desire
of living a successful Life
We consider us great,
And hoist our own flag.
We boast, we fight,
We speak out of right,
We show our might!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The day will come,
Our desires will calm,
And death will ram,
The door of immortality.
Bare footed, bare bodied
With closed eyes,
We all have to cross
The vast river
To take another journey- - - - -
To another life,
To another Pain,
To another Egoistic World,
Leaving this Life behind! !
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life by Neela Nath )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak