Full of laughter,
Full of sorrow...
On top of a mountain today,
In a valley tomorrow...
Full of anger,
Full of pain,
And once it is gone,
Never to be regained...
Packed with happiness, joy, and tears,
Overcome with darkness, bitterness, fears...
Moments of blue skies,
Moments of pain,
Days of sunshine,
Days of rain...
Filled with births,
Overwhelmed by death...
Life is a circle,
Life is your wealth!
For Jim Hogg, whose poem, Moments, gave me
these thoughts, as his work always does! And
I think that is what good poetry does.. inspires
us to think, feel, reason, and care! Thanks, Jim.
Scarlett Treat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life IS... by Scarlett Treat )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Religion, gajanan mishra
- gentle thief, Bull Hawking
- Xmas comes, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Surroundings-42, Indira Renganathan
- Courage, Leong Ming Loong
- Thieves, gajanan mishra
- don't mind, Bull Hawking
- Heretic and Deviant, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- JCB academic, is my fame, lee fones
- As because, gajanan mishra