Full of laughter,
Full of sorrow...
On top of a mountain today,
In a valley tomorrow...
Full of anger,
Full of pain,
And once it is gone,
Never to be regained...
Packed with happiness, joy, and tears,
Overcome with darkness, bitterness, fears...
Moments of blue skies,
Moments of pain,
Days of sunshine,
Days of rain...
Filled with births,
Overwhelmed by death...
Life is a circle,
Life is your wealth!
For Jim Hogg, whose poem, Moments, gave me
these thoughts, as his work always does! And
I think that is what good poetry does.. inspires
us to think, feel, reason, and care! Thanks, Jim.
Scarlett Treat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life IS... by Scarlett Treat )
- Best endevor, hasmukh amathalal
- لماذا أحب وجهكِ ؟, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Shadow Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Better Than You, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Taking From Us, Spiritwind Wood
- Father Son and Holy Ghost, Audre Lorde
- For The Last Time, Orlando Belo
- End in desert, hasmukh amathalal
- The Tears That You Cried, Spiritwind Wood
- Brittany Brit, Eve Carter
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)