lifes, hairpin bend
life takes a bend,
a drastic turn,
together we stand
and in the cosmic
fire we burn!
to be like crystal
to be white as pearl,
years of labour made me
lost..........in big way and small.
great is my strength
and my patience, neverending.
the strength of my mind
is drawn from
the loving well of your heart.
i lose much and gain little
that little becomes the strength,
yet whole some,
and sometimes brittle.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (lifes, hairpin bend by ritty patnaik )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- Through A Ghostly Patch of Memories, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Smiles Politely, Mae AC.
- The Painting of A Sigh, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- A Child Is Born, Heather Burns
- Suicidal Hypocricy, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Shedding Light On A Gleam, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Political Suppression The Face Off, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- On Leaving To Come Back, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Oblivious Unconscious, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Addiction, Michael P. McParland