Like A Pyramid
She was exactly employed,
LIke a pyramid of the day,
Sent by a violent irruption,
Overtaken by gales of speed.
She ran like a commander,
Telling the ready instants forcibly,
Chance was a greatest artificer.
An event was the gardener,
Nurturing the few who owned this event.
The vast sea of letters arrived,
In spite of a driving rain,
Though gallops, though beautiful queens
Uprose through the trees on the horizon.
Upon the steps made,
Driving rains struck at the messenger.
She was a postwoman of a kindness,
A message of the order,
A hastener of what is no way.
I employed her from her questions,
Arranging the house as soon as entering it,
Seeing and awaiting for instructions,
In spite of the revealing rain.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like A Pyramid by Naveed Akram )
- Time To Crash, Michael McParland
- Poetry Delivers, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Near faint beneath golden limes, Mark Heathcote
- Sakat Repertuar, Muzaffer Akin
- Caressing Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Slipping Away, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting In Revlon's Waiting Area, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mother & Daughter, Taimane Fanene
- Is This Love, John Foster
- Time without beginnings a better fiend, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mighty Horny Power Rangers, Ramona Thompson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)