Like A Pyramid
She was exactly employed,
LIke a pyramid of the day,
Sent by a violent irruption,
Overtaken by gales of speed.
She ran like a commander,
Telling the ready instants forcibly,
Chance was a greatest artificer.
An event was the gardener,
Nurturing the few who owned this event.
The vast sea of letters arrived,
In spite of a driving rain,
Though gallops, though beautiful queens
Uprose through the trees on the horizon.
Upon the steps made,
Driving rains struck at the messenger.
She was a postwoman of a kindness,
A message of the order,
A hastener of what is no way.
I employed her from her questions,
Arranging the house as soon as entering it,
Seeing and awaiting for instructions,
In spite of the revealing rain.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like A Pyramid by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena
- I wonder, hasmukh amathalal
- Nightmares Of Reality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I speak loud, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel