Like A Young Fig Tree
Like a young fig tree
you were, on the cliffs.
And when I passed by
you rang in the mountains.
Like the young fig tree,
brilliant and blind.
Like a fig tree you are.
Like an ancient fig.
And I pass, and you greet me
with dry leaves and silence.
Like a fig tree you are
that the lightning has aged.
Miguel Hernandez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like A Young Fig Tree by Miguel Hernandez )
- Thunderstorms, Deborah Eker
- we admire ourselves..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- gondola through the heart of Venice, lee fones
- The Elf, Harold R Hunt Sr
- One Game, Naveed Akram
- Soothing dawn, Tiku akp
- Song of the Bell, Leslie Philibert
- Song of Farewell, Leslie Philibert
- A question..., ging taping
- synthesis of civilization., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)