Like Summer Even Though It's Winter
Gaze up towards
the pale blue sky
and mourn for the
deep blue days of Summer.
Crunch, crunch go your boots
in the cold snow which has fallen
to lie on the hard ground once again.
The coldness of the winter air
numbs your ears and hands
making you long to follow
Summer to the warmth of spanish sands.
But if that's not possible
take heart in the fact that Summer
will return to banish winter once again.
Andrew Matthews's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like Summer Even Though It's Winter by Andrew Matthews )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Seaside , Ronald Chapman
- The Mailbox at the End of the Lane, Frank Avon