Like Summer Even Though It's Winter
Gaze up towards
the pale blue sky
and mourn for the
deep blue days of Summer.
Crunch, crunch go your boots
in the cold snow which has fallen
to lie on the hard ground once again.
The coldness of the winter air
numbs your ears and hands
making you long to follow
Summer to the warmth of spanish sands.
But if that's not possible
take heart in the fact that Summer
will return to banish winter once again.
Andrew Matthews's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like Summer Even Though It's Winter by Andrew Matthews )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Drown, Maverick Jones
- Messengers, Maverick Jones
- Tracking A Vision, Heather burns
- I'll Always Remember, Lilly Emery
- Autumn, Blake Mulligan
- emotion sickness, Mandolyn Davidson
- Platinum Stars Dripped Love!, LUVinThe NOW
- Bliss, David Lessard
- My love for you, Leesaan Robertson
- Rewrite your Story, Maverick Jones