Percy Bysshe Shelley
Lines -- Far, Far Away, O Ye
Far, far away, O ye
Halcyons of Memory,
Seek some far calmer nest
Than this abandoned breast!
No news of your false spring
To my heart’s winter bring,
Once having gone, in vain
Ye come again.
Vultures, who build your bowers
High in the Future’s towers,
Withered hopes on hopes are spread!
Dying joys, choked by the dead,
Will serve your beaks for prey
Many a day.
Percy Bysshe Shelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lines -- Far, Far Away, O Ye by Percy Bysshe Shelley )
Did you read them?
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid
- Night Shadows, glen salem
- The Timeless Cave in the Cliff, David Lewis Paget
- Rainbow in a Puddle, Nalini Chaturvedi