Lingo Banal 1
If I didn’t have something to write
I wouldn’t write a poem to say
I don’t have anything to write though
I might write a poem to say that
I wouldn’t write such a poem.
Lingo Banal 2 (an offal dectina refrain)
Giblets or ears
Of corn. The stringy
Bits get stuck in my teeth.
Ah….coffee would be nice. Sit
Next to me on the chintz settee
And we’ll dine on choc-o-late dipped mints.
Love………I shan’t nibble your giblets or ears.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lingo Banal by Diane Hine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Kisses, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Heather Burns, Abdullah alHemaidy
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry
- one hundred and shut up degrees, Mandolyn Davidson
- Magnifico, Gaylord Munemo
- Boys Will Be Girls, George Hunter