I AM THAT MOUSE
lying thus far has got me this far
now what bar has been lifted...
you seem to be looking at me
as if i wasn't gifted...
i'm talented at it & you can't combat it
so you make me out as wrong..
you love my lines & my verbal land mines
and you've always played along...
so don't act shocked or come at me cocked
and ready to shoot at will...
you've listened thus far and it got me this far
you must not recognize my skill...
I AM THAT MOUSE's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Listen Closely by I AM THAT MOUSE )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Mulugkhw..., Swrji Basumatary
- Being Entertained By Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak