Almedia Knight Oliver
Live Out Loud: Our Ilana
The golden-rayed flower of the daisy family stands
tall in garden’s soil.
Mother- of –pearl, breathes and pushes hard.
Tiny baby quietly
enters yelling: “I’m here to live out loud” and
taking her rightly
space on earth’s dirt, as spectators welcome
her arrival gleefully:
These happenings were 15 years in the making
and lay humbly
behind Her Birthday day, July 7,2013.
Symbol of love and happiness: pride and compassion- loves humanity out loud!
“I’ll do it, and tons of “I love you” -sayings that sound loud!
A poet, writer, painters, sculptor, and performer: an artist out loud!
“One love, one heart, one destiny” you can live out as loud as you want.
Happy Birthday! ! ! Ilana/ Na-Na
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Live Out Loud: Our Ilana by Almedia Knight Oliver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison