Live With Agreements
Today, the hours will watch
the minutes play tic,
and the seconds play toc.
Today, patience will dance,
with good intention
to a song with end.
Today, morals will sit up straight,
center their reasons
to impress our thinking.
Today, depression will walk in public,
side step question.
Today, regret will plant reminders,
water adolescent fear,
Tonight, I will sleep with tic and toc,
let patience rest, and morals talk.
Tonight depression will be generous,
tomorrow, Ill ask for lenience.
Live with agreements.
Mathieu Hotte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Live With Agreements by Mathieu Hotte )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland
- Mona Lisa, The Enigmatic Masterpiece, Rajesh Thankappan
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman