Manny Negron (12-3-86)
An unforgiving memory conspicuously brought back to existence
The beginning of the end has only begun
You can douse the corpse in cough syrup, but your timing’s a little off
You seem to have murdered your own heart
I hope it had a lonely funeral
I regret to inform you but the eulogy’s been said
Did you ever plan to notice that your clock had fallen behind?
The possible remedy missed its chance
Time waits for nothing, gone in a glance
It appears you have murdered your own heart
I’m sure it had a lonely funeral
Poet Other Poems
- A Bittersweet Rise Of Naiveté
- A Helpless Spectator, I Found Myself Los...
- A Love That Surpasses All Understanding
- Be Patient, Trust Me, Do As I Say
- Before Understanding
- Come Back To Your Heart
- Ever so Comfortable in Our Intricately W...
- I Can Appreciate An Act of Love/Hate Con...
- I’ll Have to Wait
- It’s Then I Know
- Just Somebody Else
- Lonely Funeral
- Losing Memories Of Friends I Never Had
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.