Longing for Limbo
the top and the bottom draw
the top and the bottom shelf
the ins and the outs
the back and the front
why cant I be in the middle draw?
where everything is just..ok
no loss of feeling
no gain of pain
why cant I be the shelf in-between?
where im niether here nor there
not on top feeling big
not below feeling small
why cant I be half way in and half way out?
where im undecided but fine
no pressure to be something else
no pressure to feel alright
why cant I be turned to the side?
where im balanced and free
not facing isolation
not facing ecstasy
NO top and bottom draw!
NO top and bottom shelf!
NO ins and outs!
NO back and front!
why cant i just be free?
im longing for limbo!
What Iff's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longing for Limbo by What Iff )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- ILYF Our Shared Symbol, Michael P. McParland
- I'll Prove To You Everyday, Michael P. McParland
- bhrashtachar par prahar, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Go from me love, Nero CaroZiv
- Jayanta Mahapatra As A Poet of Hunger, Bijay Kant Dubey
- MERE MEET SUNO MERE GEET SUNO, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Feed Your Fantacies, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Beach Sand, Raymond A. Foss
- He Is Producing One Child After Another .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Beach Glass, Raymond A. Foss