Looking Forward to Death
Give me your cloak!
Give it to me!
Give me your poison anniversary.
Now load me up with all you know and love,
Give me the tears below
And the abyss above.
Come shake my hand,
You can lather mine
With the eerie stench of another time.
Take my torment
And cut it down to size,
Now push these pieces
Into someone else's eyes.
But don't wave goodbye,
You will see me again
In the velvet sky.
Reverse my name and swallow it whole,
Let the screaming spectre
Leave my troubled soul.
Behind the silent screams of obscurity
Lies a hollow but strong belief,
Of a better life, one that I cannot find
So I'll leave for someone else to recognise.
Neil Solan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Looking Forward to Death by Neil Solan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- do you love this?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Verbal Abuse Of Controlling People, Lilly Emery
- Into the rain, Tom Squires
- Come, Come... ~~~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- missing the exit, Mandolyn Davidson
- Retirement, Ruth Walters
- Abs to Heart, Lonnie Hicks
- Better New Days, Rinji Kwarkas
- When KKK is Gay, Jack Abootydallah
- Oak Tree where The Black Birds Sleep, Lilly Emery