The open day is bright with pictures for everyone,
when green fields appear on the distant plain,
before the light of evening yields to twilight,
and reflections of light alleviate the noise of the day.
The inner being of the world often appears clouded
and hidden, and people's minds are full of doubts
and irritation, but splendid nature cheers up their days,
and doubt's dark questions stay distant.
Friedrich Holderlin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Looking outward by Friedrich Holderlin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Electricity Flows, Naveed Akram
- Love is (2), Cynthia McCoy
- Love Is, Cynthia McCoy
- Unlearning, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Pohon Awan (Indonesian), Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- #GivePeaceAChance, Romeo Della Valle
- The song said, george albot
- Gone, Maverick Jones
- old civilization, Aftab Alam
- Aunt Moon, Nassy Fesharaki