BlackXWhiteFeathers Raven Mendez
And nose rings,
And belly rings too,
Purple checkered and
Colored jeans too.
Looks and more looks
Are everywhere you look.
Their on TV
And in real life.
They are in church
And on the street.
We’re always concerned with our looks cuz they are all around.
To preppy and
What you look like describes your personality.
If you where tight jeans why must you be skater?
Of if you wear your hair black,
Why must you be punk or Goth?
It is all just in our heads,
You can wear tight jeans and be Goth,
Or black hair and be prep,
Why are looks so defining?
Because we make them so.
Why do people do this?
Hell if I know.
It is all just a mirage.
None of its real.
So why are looks such a big deal?
Why do we try and make believe,
If you look like that then you must be this?
There is no point to this strange behavior.
So lets stop this lookism and just get to someone despite how they look.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lookism by BlackXWhiteFeathers Raven Mendez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable
- Oral Given Good, Luis Estable
- Not guest, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Felt Things, Luis Estable
- Sins may raise, hasmukh amathalal
- Immortal lives on the battle field, Steve Jackson
- Like spring, hasmukh amathalal