Lord I Pray...
Lord tell me what’s hurting Your heart today;
and use me to fix it.
Reveal to me Your inner pain;
that grieves the Holy Spirit.
I know You are the Wonderful Counselor,
no one can counsel You;
but use my hands and feet dear Lord
to do the work for You.
Lord tell me what’s hurting Your heart,
You hear complaints from us all day.
I’m still dear Lord,
speak Your heart;
the things You have to say.
Heavenly Father what’s hurting Your heart today?
Let it hurt my heart the same;
and if it’s too heavy for me to bear;
let me sense only what I’m to change.
In Jesus name I pray this prayer;
now reveal to me Your pain,
anoint my life to magnify You
and bring glory to Your name.
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lord I Pray... by Phyllis Strong )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fuck You, Michael Webb
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Stories We Tell Ourselves, Michael Mira
- The catastrophe., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace One Day, Lyn Paul
- 'THE INFANT'S WAIL', Princewill Umunnakwe
- daggers of bayonets, pittbull pittman
- The Flow of Destiny, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude to parents, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.