Lord I Pray...
Lord tell me what’s hurting Your heart today;
and use me to fix it.
Reveal to me Your inner pain;
that grieves the Holy Spirit.
I know You are the Wonderful Counselor,
no one can counsel You;
but use my hands and feet dear Lord
to do the work for You.
Lord tell me what’s hurting Your heart,
You hear complaints from us all day.
I’m still dear Lord,
speak Your heart;
the things You have to say.
Heavenly Father what’s hurting Your heart today?
Let it hurt my heart the same;
and if it’s too heavy for me to bear;
let me sense only what I’m to change.
In Jesus name I pray this prayer;
now reveal to me Your pain,
anoint my life to magnify You
and bring glory to Your name.
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lord I Pray... by Phyllis Strong )
- Seal, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku ghazal (boond) हाइकू ग़ज़ल, S.D. TIWARI
- Behave like dog and not human, Aftab Alam
- A Pavane for the Nursery, William Jay Smith
- The Toaster, William Jay Smith
- The Floor and the Ceiling, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku (91-95), S.D. TIWARI
- Polar Bear, William Jay Smith
- Penguin, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku (81-90), S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)