My life was changed so harshly.
It feels like yesterday,
when God said you have had enough
and that you couldn't stay.
I miss you more than ever...
Your guidance and your love.
But, I know you're still watching
silently from above.
The love you gave still warms me
the way it always will.
But leaving left an empty space
that time can never fill.
From heaven you're still giving
the love you always had.
I know you hear me talk to you.
I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU DAD! ! !
Mary Nagy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Losing Dad by Mary Nagy )
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
- Selfie Expression, Frank Avon
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.32, Monk E. Biz
- Tiger, Cherie Rogers
- Miracle in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Fading Into Yesterfay, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)