You left me with a kiss and a dream
A dream that is fading.
You lost me in your one word sentences
You lost me in your snapped answers
I’m lost in your reasons
I’m lost in your nonexistent hellos
You’ll lose me if I say goodbye.
You’ll lose me as I see that:
Others see the charm of my smile,
The blue in my eyes,
The feistiness of my answers
The strength in my convictions.
You’re losing as you show
You’ve forgotten what others find:
The spring in my step,
My fear sometimes.
The talent of my voice,
My strange habit of carrying notebooks.
The way my hips sway,
The way my hair smells.
As others try to get close.
As others show they are
Interested in me,
And what I have to say
Samantha Myers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Losing Me by Samantha Myers )
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)