Losing someone so special to you
Someone you loved so dearly
To lose that person
Is the greatest loss ever.
So how do you go on?
How can you make it another day?
After losing that most precious someone
How can you make it?
How can you survive with the endless tears
Each night you lay your head on your pillow?
What makes you go on?
How do you get up in the morning
Without your precious loved one?
How do you keep going on and on
With this terrible pain in your heart
That no amount of words
No amount of nature
No amount of belief
Can take it away from you?
It just lingers and lingers
As loss, loss, loss!
Where are you?
I miss you?
Why are you gone from my life?
I want you back
Why, why, why?
Yes, that is what it feels like – the loss.
Yet I am still here,
I am still surviving,
I am still going on,
I am still here.
Yet I feel as if a huge void is here in me
Like part of me vanished with you
And I need to get that part back
But wonder when I will?
And my loss is increased with
Not just losing you
But losing part of me too.
Do I have an answer to loss?
The thing I can think of about loss is:
I am so lucky I got to know the precious person.
I got to see their beauty and their grace.
I got to enjoy their presence.
That I can treasure.
That I can keep
Special in my heart forever.
And maybe loss is just that – loss.
But just as we have loss,
We have all the special memories
That we can keep special in our minds forever,
And that is something we will never lose.
So maybe the answer to loss is to treasure the memories
Of our loved one
For as long as we have a memory
We never lose out, with loss.
Connie Webb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loss by Connie Webb )
- A Demain, Randy Resh
- A disease......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Your Loving Words, Michael McParland
- Culture Of West Bengal, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bloomsbury Gang, Nassy Fesharaki
- Her pretty childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those visible clouds, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cheater, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Intriguing Mysteries, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Merry Christmas, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)