A locked gate, guarding sharp, purple thoughts
And emotions, in a grey prison,
Every cell with a key on the inside,
Grey eyes looking through grey bars,
Careful and afraid, content and analytical,
Like mushrooms in the dark -
Salty tears underneath that smile,
Remember a time and a chance, another world,
A lifetime away, the grey turns
Into lush green memories, understanding memories
Of brown, blue and white with a hint of red,
Belonging, secret and silent memories.
Those salty grey eyes still smile,
A cloudy chuckle, almost a cough through those bars,
Lost now, locked away in a muddy hole,
Turning into silver laughter on white marble,
Still confident that underneath those yellow scars
A moment in the golden sun was worth it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost by Jan Hauck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...
- Lee F. Majors, Richard Thripp
- All Dogs Go 2 Heaven, Richard Flappa