Carlos Drummond de Andrade
I missed the trolley and the hope.
Pale, I go back home.
The street is useless and no car
would drive over my body.
I will climb the slow steep slope
where paths are blended
All of them lead to
the beginning of drama and flora.
I do not know if I am suffering
or if is someone having fun
(and why not?) in the scarce night
with an insoluble piccolo.
And we, long time ago
shouted yes! to eternity.
Carlos Drummond de Andrade's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Hope by Carlos Drummond de Andrade )
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra