Lost in Today
I’m lost in a handheld time
Lost in a time of top notch cell phones and laptops.
I’m lost in a time of chaos
Lost in a time of too much homework, too many sports, and not enough sleep.
I’m lost within a race
Lost amidst the fast paced hustle of getting into a good college.
I’m lost in the scheme of things
Lost in the constant pressure of what I’m going to do after high school.
I’m lost and I can’t find my way out
Lost and sinking fast.
I’m quickly losing myself to time
As forever paces on and on.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost in Today by Elisa Riley )
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns