Lost My Childhood
Yes i lost my childhood.
And it will never return.
I lost the innocient life
which i used to live.
I lost the fairy dreams
Which helped me for sound sleep.
Yes i lost toy car which i paddled for long.
i remember those fairy tales my mom told me.
I was a small school kid once,
Yes, I lost those moments.
With every day passing i am losing it
And i know it will never return.
Its true that i miss those days
But thats what i can only do.
I wanted to become big
But i was never aware of this hell.
I lost that laugh, i lost that joy.
I want that childhood again
I want to be a boy.
But all i got is a loss of childhood.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost My Childhood by James yardy )
- Άνεμος, Angelos Ioannou
- Forever, Frank Avon
- SHADOWS, Donald R Charon
- Crying Bee, Steve Kittell
- Walk the Walk, Donald R Charon
- To Smile Even In Sadness, Rohit Sapra
- In secrets, gajanan mishra
- A-DOODLE-DO, Donald R Charon
- Nostalgia- Song of the Expatriate, S.zaynub Kamoonpuri
- Wipes off obloquy, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)