LoST WiThin MyselF I
Sitting in a melancholy room
Thoughts drifted afar
Eyes expressionless, staring blankly
Across the open window
Down the green young meadow
Crossing the vast plain
Towards the wilderness.
Mind's floating, soul drifted away
Searching for something that's lacking in me
My life's not complete, I felt so empty
I still can't find the happiness
the happiness inside me.
My soul seek, oh where i should be?
Trying to find what's lacking in me
My soul floats back to reality
Senses back, heart's feeling fine..
I find the answer to my query
Who am I, what I want to be?
Little voice answered deep within me
I should be in a place where I should be
......my place..............the M O N A S T E R Y.....
(Poem I made during my college days...when I was confused and seeking for myself and finally with the nuns after graduation but beloved parents pulled me out..so dreams failed...so my life still seeking for something to be complete...) ...my next piece will tell.
Maia Padua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LoST WiThin MyselF I by Maia Padua )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram