Love (A Poem for Annie)
The beauty of God’s creation
And subject of many dissertations.
Poets, fools and everything in between
Pack their minds to the brim to glean
On words that will best define Love,
To give justice to its Creator above.
For years I tried in vain,
To define love without constrain,
Failed miserably to my disdain,
Arcane thought that caused so much pain.
Considering that it is a common word,
Still many believe it is absurd.
To toil and ponder on its meaning
And spend years and tears in learning.
But now I can openly claim,
I found its true meaning and my aim.
Word that will best define love,
And give justice to our Creator above.
For I believe, there is no other word
under the heaven above
That better define LOVE than – YOU.
sipokoyto lim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love (A Poem for Annie) by sipokoyto lim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma
- India You Do Not Know, I Do Not Know, Bijay Kant Dubey
- SeaWorld the Orcas Wish to go Home!, Rachel Nichols
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -33, Ronjoy Brahma
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak