Love, An Event
Love happened like an event, it cried,
It worked along the brain on and on,
One left it reside in the heart, it beats
And it won for five seasons, victory achieved.
The one love in trueness was fair, the one love was your job,
It left no stain on the heart, it cushioned the hearts of every man
And woman and child,
So that purity saved it, and the love of humanity would open up.
The doctor of love and hatred sang a tune, fully whistling
Its strength and virtue, the two keys to existence;
One must contain love, but haters of blood shall weep
If divorce is scheduled, for marriage is wine: addictive and weeping,
Strong people are led to worries, to responsibility,
And they who sing of virtue or sing virtuously
Shall attain their reward without harm,
Obtaining divinity and blessing, the very strength of angels.
I can not see them when I walk, but love is seen
In their flight of a thousand wings, or how many they grow.
The wings to love seem strange, innocent, and absurd at times,
But may marriage reign supreme among the lovers
Who grow in might.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love, An Event by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL