Love and darkness
I am facing love and darkness in sin
My heart rages loudly for atonement,
But the aching agony goes long and deep within,
They fly swift to wounded region.
I am walking blind in a tunnel of dark,
What will ignite new hope in dreams where it began?
My awaken soul tries to leap into mythical spark,
Burning desire with every passion imagine.
Fear let go in marveled wander and I travel far
Staying near the walk of faith, but doing what I hate,
The burning love of anger grows even stronger,
This flame in the dark is burning the brightest.
Electric fire, passion desire glowing in the night,
Burning flame human pain reveals another dark realm
Light consumes darkness and makes the day look bright
There is a love binding me to earth and it shines in heaven.
As angelic lamplights Passover on the vacant street,
Jostling the flames of freedom forcing our conscience,
To explore time and consume the darkness we meet,
This love for earth is a reality to illuminate doubtful science.
Love and darkness, dwells within our heart
In shady light, seasons embrace both phenomenons
That exists within the crater of twilight mist,
And can disappear just as quickly as they came.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and darkness by Gerry Legister )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(march 12 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Fish, Elizabeth Bishop
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong
- No One Could Ever Understand, Thabang Rakimane
- You made me evil, Yisel Chong
- The time machine, Yisel Chong
- Blue-eyed boy Mr. Death for e.e. cummings, r james sterzinger
- Salvation Jane, vince gullaci