Love and Friendship.
Have you told your kids I love you?
Given them all a big hug today?
In my youth loving words were few,
We were sent out to be out of the way.
Indoors we spoke when spoken to,
Silence ruled most of our day.
When breaking a rule we always knew,
That punishment would come our way.
Each had their jobs of work to be done,
We cleaned and polished and shined.
Life believe me was not much fun,
For breach of the rules we were fined.
In the orphanage no one said I love you,
Never the time for a hug and a kiss,
Friendship was for me something new,
It was the main thing that I did most miss.
So remember to hug and kiss your kids each day,
Show them that you love and care.
That they too will go on their way,
With love and friendship to share.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and Friendship. by Bernard Shaw )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Oranges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Emperor Of Clouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The sequitur, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Guitars Whose Chords Move, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Missing Man of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The waters closed, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The whirr of wings, Fluttering., Emmanuel George Cefai
- Copper And Zinc, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Vase of Love, Rusty Gouveia
- Night In A Zinc Garb, Emmanuel George Cefai