Love blossoms as it grows
When we were young we walked together hand in hand
looked into each others' eyes thinking love was grand.
Life can't get any better than it is now we thought
and as we walked down life's pathway God's will we sought.
There walking and talking life sped by at a pace
and now we look into each others' wrinkled face.
Our love though more mature is still so young at heart
and the trials of life have not forced us apart.
With hands gnarled by time we embrace one another
you are still my belovèd and I your lover.
Our eyes may have dimmed but still retain their sparkle
a love like ours is so very remarkable.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love blossoms as it grows by Royston Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer
- आंनि देरा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Oh Israel, Michael Shutt
- Paper publisher, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- We Lost Our Run, Rites Ghosh
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker