Vivian Gloff Mollan
This child was born with traits of his mother.
Father was mad—he looked not like father.
Daddy wants all off-spring to look just like him,
So he with-held the love that should have been.
He ignored this child and pushed him aside,
A wish for attention that was still denied.
Daddy was so stubborn and selfish too,
Not knowing the damage that he would do.
The son was helpful and wanted so much,
Attention and love or his Daddy's touch.
He earned great grades attending school,
Dad paid no attention, it was his rule.
Completing school was the son's elation,
But, Dad would attend not his graduation!
Dad retired and soon came to falter,
Mike took Dad to his requested doctor.
The doctor said Dad was in very ill health,
Need for sure, some specialty help.
A tumor was growing within the brain,
It was not certain his life could be saved.
Dad spoke to Mike who had been neglected,
And asked his son, grant him forgiveness.
The son was tender and stayed by his side,
The night that his father grew weak and died.
A life-time of love to his fine son denied.
Cause he looked like Mom when born to life.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Denied by Vivian Gloff Mollan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Best friend to someone like me, Yselle Lucas
- Is it stress, Robert Ronnow
- Communicating the Bird, Robert Ronnow
- Chinese Sonnets, Robert Ronnow
- Caterpillar fur, Robert Ronnow
- The One I Adore, Michael P. McParland
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern