devon da poet
Love don’t get you love
I loved but you loved not.
I’m hurt but you’re hurt not.
But you would've been hurt if I've only loved not
So I guess I loved to be loved not.
I stood near a fire furnace that was as cold as a refrigerator.
Her heart is like ice.
But she looked me in the eyes too many times that I saw not her evil devise.
So I loved as my mama loved.
And I thought it was wise to be nice
But I thought not of hurt.
I kept walking closer to that cold fire in pursuit of warmth
‘Cause my soul needed someone for comfort.
As I strolled forward I never realized that I was closer to demise,
So I proceeded.
I let my love hover with my heart uncovered thinking I was clever never expecting the roar of danger.
Like lions to flesh my love was devoured.
I guess my predator had a gigantic appetite,
But my heart starved.
Love don’t get you love it get you wisdom,
And I needed some to move on.
I’m loved not and you love not,
So I guess we’re both not loved.
And if I have to love again it won’t be the same
‘Cause I've learnt that love’s not what it seems;
Love isn't what love is!
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love don’t get you love by devon da poet )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Psalm 077, Forrest Hainline
- Every day feels scripted, Mark Heathcote
- It's Not Your Fault, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Beauty Of Moonlight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- misguide., tiffany white
- Parallel Lives, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- À L'ÉLU DE MON COEUR, Rosie Bourget
- Eagle, Luo Zhihai
- I Told You Often, Vera Sidhwa
- Watch Super Bowl 2015 Live Stream Online.., Renz Barns