devon da poet
Love don’t get you love
I loved but you loved not.
I’m hurt but you’re hurt not.
But you would've been hurt if I've only loved not
So I guess I loved to be loved not.
I stood near a fire furnace that was as cold as a refrigerator.
Her heart is like ice.
But she looked me in the eyes too many times that I saw not her evil devise.
So I loved as my mama loved.
And I thought it was wise to be nice
But I thought not of hurt.
I kept walking closer to that cold fire in pursuit of warmth
‘Cause my soul needed someone for comfort.
As I strolled forward I never realized that I was closer to demise,
So I proceeded.
I let my love hover with my heart uncovered thinking I was clever never expecting the roar of danger.
Like lions to flesh my love was devoured.
I guess my predator had a gigantic appetite,
But my heart starved.
Love don’t get you love it get you wisdom,
And I needed some to move on.
I’m loved not and you love not,
So I guess we’re both not loved.
And if I have to love again it won’t be the same
‘Cause I've learnt that love’s not what it seems;
Love isn't what love is!
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love don’t get you love by devon da poet )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(03 April 1964)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- London, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Poisoned, Harley White
- Now let us join hands, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Is It Wrong?, Eugene Latumbo
- The dangers of a selfie, lee fones
- IN THE COMFORT OF NATURE, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Agnes, Alexander Onoja
- The Escapist, Jaipal Singh
- GOD LISTENS AND SPEAKS, Michael P. Johnson
- A Journey By Indian Train, Bijay Kant Dubey
- They die before you do., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.