devon da poet
Love don’t get you love
I loved but you loved not.
I’m hurt but you’re hurt not.
But you would've been hurt if I've only loved not
So I guess I loved to be loved not.
I stood near a fire furnace that was as cold as a refrigerator.
Her heart is like ice.
But she looked me in the eyes too many times that I saw not her evil devise.
So I loved as my mama loved.
And I thought it was wise to be nice
But I thought not of hurt.
I kept walking closer to that cold fire in pursuit of warmth
‘Cause my soul needed someone for comfort.
As I strolled forward I never realized that I was closer to demise,
So I proceeded.
I let my love hover with my heart uncovered thinking I was clever never expecting the roar of danger.
Like lions to flesh my love was devoured.
I guess my predator had a gigantic appetite,
But my heart starved.
Love don’t get you love it get you wisdom,
And I needed some to move on.
I’m loved not and you love not,
So I guess we’re both not loved.
And if I have to love again it won’t be the same
‘Cause I've learnt that love’s not what it seems;
Love isn't what love is!
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love don’t get you love by devon da poet )
- Undercurrents, Michael Mira
- ~True Love ~, Aftab Alam
- A Country on Its Knees, mai venn
- Uncontrollable Poet, Erato
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)