Love for life
Your beautiful eyes
you love life;
but, look this civilization,
wants to destroy everything,
peace, hope; everything,
that i paint for you.
Can i think them human?
whom God have created
with all tenderness,
whom God have blessed
to grow peacefully,
and make an abode of peace and kindness.
Slowly my hope is changing into
a blank imagination;
Yet, i love your eyes,
your whispering eyes,
Where i have discovered
the thirst for seven colored life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
by sarojini pattayat-10/03/2013
Note-The photograph of Three-year-old Afghan refugee Nageen Jihandad plays with her doll in a slum near Islamabad, Pakistan
[© Muhammed Muheisen/Associated Press]
made me to write above poem.
sarojini pattayat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love for life by sarojini pattayat )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling