John Thorkild Ellison
Love for Senior Citizens
I'll be pushing up the daisies
Before you realise
I loved you so much, so much more
Than all the other guys.
I guess I'm getting rather old
But I'm still in love with you,
I may be last year's model
But my passion is brand new!
Why don't you give yourself a break
And give me half a chance,
I've had enough of heart-ache
And I'm looking for romance.
The sun shines in November
Although the summer's done,
I want you to remember
There's still some time for fun.
We could be very happy,
Believe me, this is true,
Let's take a chance and try it,
You for me and me for you.
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love for Senior Citizens by John Thorkild Ellison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary