John Thorkild Ellison
Love for Senior Citizens
I'll be pushing up the daisies
Before you realise
I loved you so much, so much more
Than all the other guys.
I guess I'm getting rather old
But I'm still in love with you,
I may be last year's model
But my passion is brand new!
Why don't you give yourself a break
And give me half a chance,
I've had enough of heart-ache
And I'm looking for romance.
The sun shines in November
Although the summer's done,
I want you to remember
There's still some time for fun.
We could be very happy,
Believe me, this is true,
Let's take a chance and try it,
You for me and me for you.
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love for Senior Citizens by John Thorkild Ellison )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Watch Free [28th] WWE Royal Rumble 2015 .., Noah Hariss
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns