John Thorkild Ellison
Love for Senior Citizens
I'll be pushing up the daisies
Before you realise
I loved you so much, so much more
Than all the other guys.
I guess I'm getting rather old
But I'm still in love with you,
I may be last year's model
But my passion is brand new!
Why don't you give yourself a break
And give me half a chance,
I've had enough of heart-ache
And I'm looking for romance.
The sun shines in November
Although the summer's done,
I want you to remember
There's still some time for fun.
We could be very happy,
Believe me, this is true,
Let's take a chance and try it,
You for me and me for you.
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love for Senior Citizens by John Thorkild Ellison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- There Is Nothing More Gratifying, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Azazels, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let me follow you, gajanan mishra
- what makes me blue?, DAVID werts
- Rewriting The Ruins, Kyle Schlicher
- A song lyric of a lover...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Fall, hujan pagi
- Beginning The Day, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Split Second, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is no surprise, Dr PJ Raj Kamal