LOVE & FORGIVENESS
My love consumes me like the flame of a candle
In the window of my heart, soul and self-esteem.
When you’re annoyed with how I perform
I can’t sleep, be happy, succeed, or dream.
I’m lost, sad, fearful, distressed and alone
When shamed by my actions both present and past.
My passion for you means more than life itself
As I suffer remorse for my wrongs to the last.
I depend on prayer if you’re dissatisfied and upset
For God to lead me to recapture your rewarding smile.
Every day of our existence from birth to deliverance
Places our faith, love and forgiveness to the trial.
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Comments about this poem (LOVE & FORGIVENESS by Tom Zart )
- आबौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Death's Breath, Justin Reamer
- MOTHER, Pankti Vadalia
- Dead Brother's Note to Our Dad, Donal Mahoney
- Uncertainty, Justin Reamer
- Silent Tears, Justin Reamer
- Zur Wiederkehr meines Todes, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We shall overcome someday...for Ferguson.., Chenou Liu
- Partnership, gajanan mishra
- The Hydrangea, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)