Gary Halsey Sr.
Love Is Lust, Lust is Love?
”To Those Who Don't Know the Difference”
Interpretation that's the name,
Is love lust, or is it the same.
Love is from the heart,
this I believe is true.
Lust is only desire,
that is always misconstrued.
Love to me is a emotional thing,
that only one can feel,
lust is not the binding factor,
that confirms your love is real.
Lust is desire, in a physical sense,
this I believe is so true,
Lust is not the same as love,
is all I'm saying to you.
So which emotion do you feel,
is it love or lust my friend,
It's important to tell the difference,
Or relationships will eventually end.
If you love her….tell her so,
this I beg of you,
Or If it’s lust your after,
let her know it, try to be true.
She'll respect you a lot better,
If you tell her, make it clear.
Give her the respect she deserves,
at least friendship will be dear.
One thing I have eventually learned,
in this ripe ole' age of mine,
Sex is not what makes a relationship,
But love, faith and honesty, it's divine!
'Just a thought....some of us think that lust is love, well, as I hope you can see....its not! '
Gary Halsey Sr.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Is Lust, Lust is Love? by Gary Halsey Sr. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Ok so my my girlfiend is a nymphpomaniac, cristobal Benjumea
- Your Shot, Your Time, Maverick Jones