Gary Halsey Sr.
Love Is Lust, Lust is Love?
”To Those Who Don't Know the Difference”
Interpretation that's the name,
Is love lust, or is it the same.
Love is from the heart,
this I believe is true.
Lust is only desire,
that is always misconstrued.
Love to me is a emotional thing,
that only one can feel,
lust is not the binding factor,
that confirms your love is real.
Lust is desire, in a physical sense,
this I believe is so true,
Lust is not the same as love,
is all I'm saying to you.
So which emotion do you feel,
is it love or lust my friend,
It's important to tell the difference,
Or relationships will eventually end.
If you love her….tell her so,
this I beg of you,
Or If it’s lust your after,
let her know it, try to be true.
She'll respect you a lot better,
If you tell her, make it clear.
Give her the respect she deserves,
at least friendship will be dear.
One thing I have eventually learned,
in this ripe ole' age of mine,
Sex is not what makes a relationship,
But love, faith and honesty, it's divine!
'Just a thought....some of us think that lust is love, well, as I hope you can see....its not! '
Gary Halsey Sr.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Is Lust, Lust is Love? by Gary Halsey Sr. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Carolyn Ford Witt
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
Poem of the Day
- Needed Sleep, Michael P. McParland
- Needed, Michael P. McParland
- Need To Know, Michael P. McParland
- Need, Michael P. McParland
- Where Did I go wrong, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
- The Constant Factor, Steve Kittell
- The Life Doesn't Stop for Me., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land Hazel Icefrost, Heather Burns
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya