Love is medicine
Love is medicine for the heart
that can make despair disappear
and cause a knight to appear.
Love is the answer
for so much unhappiness
as a heart that is receptive
gets new hope.
Love is an elastoplast
for the hurt of every day
and a answer for trying again
although some pain does still remain.
Love brings new hope
that everyone will find love,
to be united
with each one that had been unloved before.
If I have got to describe love
I will call it a doctor
that can heal hearts
that brings joy, peace and nobility.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love is medicine by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)