Tender love, lost,
lost in time,
lost in translation,
lost with little hope
of ever being recovered.
Memories, all that remains
of what was and could have been...
Age, fading these memories
as the sands of time
fall through our brittle fingers.
Hatred, pain and loathing,
Hatred for letting ourselves get hurt,
Pain from the searing depression
That fills us like a box or razors,
loathing for not trying harder.
Hope, hoping that she finds happiness,
hoping she thinks about you fondly,
hoping that your dreams don't fade,
hope that your tender love,
your love lost in time, in translation,
isn't completely hopelessly lost.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love lost? by James Bateman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor
- Knives, Dreams, Novica Tadić
- Night Passes, Novica Tadić
- Conversation (1), Novica Tadić
- WALKING SHADOWS, Satish Verma
- INTRIGUING, Satish Verma
- Magdalene Poem, John Taggart
- White days, interruption ("One Flew.., John Taggart
- The Magnet, Ruth Manning-Sanders