Love of the lady of pleasure!
Both the flame of the lamp
…………..and friendship of the whore
If you analyze, are not different;
Flame of the lamp goes off
…………..When the ghee in the lamp dries
and becomes empty;
Love of the lady of pleasure also goes off,
…………..When your wealth dwindles!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Love of the lady of pleasure! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Naalatiyaar'
விளக்கொளியும் வேசையர் நட்பும் இரண்டும்
துளக்கற நாடின்வே றல்ல; - விளக்கொளியும்
நெய்யற்ற கண்ணே அறுமே, அவரன்பும்
கையற்ற கண்ணே அறும்.371பொதுமகளிர், நாலடியார்.
Comments about this poem (Love of the lady of pleasure! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)