Love Shall Carry us Through
This has been my intention right from the start
That I may not charm your ears but your heart,
That I may speak to your beautiful mind
And somewhere in there, love find.
I told you my mind as best as I could;
Revealed where my yearning heart stood,
Earnestly hoping you would get the essence
In my manifesto which I hoped made sense.
I tried to make it simple and plain;
Freely express without much strain,
My thoughts of what I hoped could be
And the flaming feelings lying deep in me.
I paid astute attention
To your facial expression.
Looking for a sign in the affirmative
To my laid down objective.
It was only a short while
That I saw that angelic smile
On your face as I anchored my plea
Which in verity set my soul free.
That smile, like an omen in nature,
Presaged sweet moments in the future
That we would share
As a loving pair.
Now I look back and think,
"Where could I have been without this link? "
We will never be sure of what lies ahead
But with God on our side, we should never be afraid.
For love shall carry us through.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Shall Carry us Through by Marc Mate )
- Spindrels of Cornucopia, Robert Rorabeck
- it's the little things that make love big, Mandolyn ...
- Time Frozen, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Time To Crash, Michael McParland
- Poetry Delivers, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Near faint beneath golden limes, Mark Heathcote
- Sakat Repertuar, Muzaffer Akin
- Caressing Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Slipping Away, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting In Revlon's Waiting Area, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mighty Horny Power Rangers, Ramona Thompson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)