Love Shall Carry us Through
This has been my intention right from the start
That I may not charm your ears but your heart,
That I may speak to your beautiful mind
And somewhere in there, love find.
I told you my mind as best as I could;
Revealed where my yearning heart stood,
Earnestly hoping you would get the essence
In my manifesto which I hoped made sense.
I tried to make it simple and plain;
Freely express without much strain,
My thoughts of what I hoped could be
And the flaming feelings lying deep in me.
I paid astute attention
To your facial expression.
Looking for a sign in the affirmative
To my laid down objective.
It was only a short while
That I saw that angelic smile
On your face as I anchored my plea
Which in verity set my soul free.
That smile, like an omen in nature,
Presaged sweet moments in the future
That we would share
As a loving pair.
Now I look back and think,
"Where could I have been without this link? "
We will never be sure of what lies ahead
But with God on our side, we should never be afraid.
For love shall carry us through.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Shall Carry us Through by Marc Mate )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak