Love Should Not Be
Love shouldn’t be so hard.
Love shouldn’t tear a person up inside.
Love shouldn’t cause so much regret, and “should have been”.
Love shouldn’t make you want to cry out loud in a soundless, unstoppable scream.
Love shouldn’t be cruel, make you want to hurt and destroy the one you love.
Love is the abyss, an unfathomable depth of darkness, and bottomless despair.
Iris Rain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Should Not Be by Iris Rain )
- Lagos, Henry Isiekwe
- Black as the rainbow…, DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- Nightmare, Donal Mahoney
- Feel as force, hasmukh amathalal
- Lost Children, Isabella Signa
- Pastor Homer Toots His Horn, Donal Mahoney
- Seconds In Prison, Naveed Akram
- The Light Brigade Charge, John F. McCullagh
- Farewell Forever, Sacha Hayes O'Grady
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)