Love Should Not Be
Love shouldn’t be so hard.
Love shouldn’t tear a person up inside.
Love shouldn’t cause so much regret, and “should have been”.
Love shouldn’t make you want to cry out loud in a soundless, unstoppable scream.
Love shouldn’t be cruel, make you want to hurt and destroy the one you love.
Love is the abyss, an unfathomable depth of darkness, and bottomless despair.
Iris Rain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Should Not Be by Iris Rain )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Incomplete Lioness, Linda Bierds
- The Dog Next Door, Tony Adah
- Joseph Cornell, with Box, Michael Dumanis
- The Painting, John Balaban
- Time to Think in an Unused Place pt.2, cheynne dries
- Why knowing is (& Matisse's Woman with a.., Martha Ronk
- Time to Think in an Unused Place pt.1, cheynne dries
- Grouch Grinch, Philo Yan
- 'new fairy', saif gallant
- Seeing All the Vermeers, Alfred Corn