Love Should Not Be
Love shouldn’t be so hard.
Love shouldn’t tear a person up inside.
Love shouldn’t cause so much regret, and “should have been”.
Love shouldn’t make you want to cry out loud in a soundless, unstoppable scream.
Love shouldn’t be cruel, make you want to hurt and destroy the one you love.
Love is the abyss, an unfathomable depth of darkness, and bottomless despair.
Iris Rain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Should Not Be by Iris Rain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...