Reyvrex Questor Reyes
Love Sonnet 105: 'Some stars taunt me, to mock my loneliness'
Some stars taunt me, to mock my loneliness
As these I failed to praise in last night’s skies,
Furious when left to shine unsung, cheerless,
For all I cared to see were my love’s eyes;
Much like flowers which wilt on lea unseen,
Those stars may have faded while unobserved
With no glory to show for what they’ve been.
They so resent outcomes when ill-deserved;
But glories are mostly by time vanished;
Where now is Tut? Alexander the Great?
How so grandly in life have they flourished
Before they all to lowly dust translate?
…….Yet being known to have a glorious past,
…….Is oft the only glory that would last.
Reyvrex Questor Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Sonnet 105: 'Some stars taunt me, to mock my loneliness' by Reyvrex Questor Reyes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra
- Cloud Maker, Pradip Chattopadhyay