Reyvrex Questor Reyes
Love Sonnet 99: 'Young love alighted one day on my hands, '
Young love alighted one day on my hands,
As though a bird that perched to rest from flight,
I let it leave as freely as it lands,
Lest it would die if caught and grasped so tight;
Or I may have it caged, on second thought,
With needs supplied as would a prison wield,
And all its wishes to its fancy brought,
Except freedom, to which I could not yield;
But which of these is being loved the more,
The bird in hand, or one in bush released?
As birds when no longer able to soar,
Will have a life akin to one deceased;
.......How queer that love held loose could slip away,
.......But then, so very tight a grip could slay.
Reyvrex Questor Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love Sonnet 99: 'Young love alighted one day on my hands, ' by Reyvrex Questor Reyes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak