Love unconditional (c) 7-17-2010
Why does the sun look to the Earth and wish to grant it warmth?
What does the sun find attractive about the Earth?
Though the Earth is gratuitous in self-esteem and self-improvement
The sun still finds an attraction to the Earth.
Could it be the sun is truly enamored with the moon?
But its likeliness is dim as it blackens the sky upon their joining.
So what is it? Could it be the people?
How could the sun even notice?
They’re so tiny, so small, the grander things in the universe
Has no time for the petty, haughty and insensitive acts of man.
So what could it be? What motivates the sun to illuminate the Earth’s sky?
Could it be,
That the Sun just loves the Earth,
For who he is?
Corey Threet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love unconditional (c) 7-17-2010 by Corey Threet )
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
- YOU Are First Fiddle in Your Concert, AL.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)