Love unconditional (c) 7-17-2010
Why does the sun look to the Earth and wish to grant it warmth?
What does the sun find attractive about the Earth?
Though the Earth is gratuitous in self-esteem and self-improvement
The sun still finds an attraction to the Earth.
Could it be the sun is truly enamored with the moon?
But its likeliness is dim as it blackens the sky upon their joining.
So what is it? Could it be the people?
How could the sun even notice?
They’re so tiny, so small, the grander things in the universe
Has no time for the petty, haughty and insensitive acts of man.
So what could it be? What motivates the sun to illuminate the Earth’s sky?
Could it be,
That the Sun just loves the Earth,
For who he is?
Corey Threet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love unconditional (c) 7-17-2010 by Corey Threet )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi