Love unconditional (c) 7-17-2010
Why does the sun look to the Earth and wish to grant it warmth?
What does the sun find attractive about the Earth?
Though the Earth is gratuitous in self-esteem and self-improvement
The sun still finds an attraction to the Earth.
Could it be the sun is truly enamored with the moon?
But its likeliness is dim as it blackens the sky upon their joining.
So what is it? Could it be the people?
How could the sun even notice?
They’re so tiny, so small, the grander things in the universe
Has no time for the petty, haughty and insensitive acts of man.
So what could it be? What motivates the sun to illuminate the Earth’s sky?
Could it be,
That the Sun just loves the Earth,
For who he is?
Corey Threet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love unconditional (c) 7-17-2010 by Corey Threet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak