Love, what have you done?
what happened to the man i glimpsed
no more than a year ago?
does he still breathe beneath the boy
who i have come to know?
how is it that i hold you in my arms,
press our bodies close,
and still i feel as if one of us
may well be a ghost.
you have left me and chained
me to this shadow
of the man i loved!
he traps me, wrap me up
as if to embrace
and i tense, always
you made my heart race
but now it is panic
that shivers down my spine
your lips on mine
might as well be ice
for the words they speak
leave me hollow and hurting
your promises kill, love.
our conversations loop and rerun
some are misscarraiges-
dying before they have a chance to begin
the man whose strong arms kept me warm,
can they be the same that envelope me know?
the voice that agitates with its persistence,
can it be the same i heard in dreams?
the intellect that appealed to my own,
can it be buried behind those blinded eyes?
i could not stand to hate you
cannot step to leave you,
but love, if you loosen your hold,
ill surely drift away on the wind.
and i cannot say which fate is preferable;
drifting off or struggling to stay?
Faustina Marie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love, what have you done? by Faustina Marie )
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)