nimal dunuhinga (19, April,1951 / kalubovila East, Sri Lanka)
Macrame' Teacher's Daughter Plays The Pianoforte!
It's middle of the night
Her voice like a piccolo note!
with that sentimental song
in low pitch?
I hear her hidden sobs too.
'Why these handsome men
with their painted mustaches
get a cruel heart on religious background?
They hold pickaxes
to cut their own brothers' throats
and why they breathe the same air
then pollute the whole area arrogantly
Where the innocents we struggle to breathe hard? '
Poet Other Poems
- * I was born by the River
- *Malani Senehelatha Fonseka
- *Moon rapes his sister Sun
- A Barber writes
- A beautiful widow's upstage
- A beggar maid sings in an awful night!
- A Beggar Maid's Breakdown In The Life Cy...
- A Beggar Never Complains?
- A bird flies beyond the sky
- A Bird Has No Wings In The Storm
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem